Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog. As the title suggest, this is where I archive my 'public' writings. You won't find any BS opinion postings here; just poetry with a few short stories sprinkled about. Take a look and thanks again!

Tuesday Morning

This is the rhythm that never ends.
Each foot forward is progress;
Is Discovery
Of the topic we shan’t ever write of,
Architects of snappy culture.
Scrutinizers of syllables

Or so I've been told by some
And myself
(and disregarded many a time might I add).

I have watched sails burn in furious stride
And even burned my own in name of it.
(a few times in fact)
Holding ashes, I think we all contemplate
The cinders that stain our palms
That we so choose to inhale,
Harvesting cancer in our breath.

Gratefully, the ashes have cooled and settled
I walk with them in small jars,
Contained and appropriately labeled,
So not to jumble the contents
Or let it spill upon me and others
As I walk to the rhythm.

It is remarkably paced.
It is constant;
A heartbeat in meditation.