Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog. As the title suggest, this is where I archive my 'public' writings. You won't find any BS opinion postings here; just poetry with a few short stories sprinkled about. Take a look and thanks again!

Sea of Stars

I have camped across the nation.
Slept under velvet skies of Yellow Stone,
Of Adirondack,
Of the Porcupines,
And never seen the velvet glisten.

My sprawls across nature; objectified.
Goals, attainable, require rest...
Too exhausted to stare at velvet
After eight miles on foot
Through nature's bounty.

I need to
Reinvent objectivity; my goals
I must seek out the velvet and it's glean

This is what populates my conscious
While in the vast sound stage
In front of the lens - glassy - it glistens
Like a star.
Like a star....

...Look at all these here; all of them
This stage, this scene,
We are all a single frame - 
Instances
- Looking back at one another,

But this is a lie; a deception
of our own vanity.
I have a story, twenty four years long.
They have a story...
They have a story...

We burn.
We burn to shine,
Every dot on this canvas...
Triumphant tales of conquer we dream
to regale to some gussied reporter on ET

Define us, lens.
Make a sea of stars shine.
Lap velvet over us,
Over our worn hopes.
Make a sea of stars, we dream.