Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog. As the title suggest, this is where I archive my 'public' writings. You won't find any BS opinion postings here; just poetry with a few short stories sprinkled about. Take a look and thanks again!

Metro 487

I lean silently to the alcove
                    And listen
Two strangers speak
                    She regales
The tortures of canceled routes
The ignorance of drivers
The self-service of car owners
The follies of the Metro
                    But I watch him
He agrees, nods, tells his story
                    Pleasantly. Efficiently.
He notes they have another ten minutes
                    They continue to talk
Boarding, I watch them go
He sits several rows back
                    On the opposite side

Shorter, less dressed or shaven, prettier than
                    I realize
I am that man.