Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog. As the title suggest, this is where I archive my 'public' writings. You won't find any BS opinion postings here; just poetry with a few short stories sprinkled about. Take a look and thanks again!
Apocalypse Surrounds Them

The epoch is an ignited firefly [or a swarm]
I witness it as I am
          recessed
Sunken deep within my chasms
Absorbing the flames
Through their dilating precipices
Apocalypse surrounds them
          the chasms

This phase is a terrifying thing
And my mother is worried that
         I will shoot myself at 40
This phase is a sensual thing
          [sex and love fall woefully short]
And my friend [my brother] doesn't
          Understand why they [or we] travel such twilight muddy roads
Because you must

Speak what you know
Write what you know
I know nothing
          it is a terrifying thing
I feel nothing [or everything]
          it is a sensual thing
But I am only 22
          and I hope my mother is wrong
It should have been different
It should have been easy
I am not
         different nor easy

While I rake the walls of my chasms
And of forever-faceted layers of filtering smudgy blankets
And the rolling valleys of my cranium
          deeply recessed
For a "what you know"
Seeing nothing through my chasms
          widely dilated now

As apocalypse surrounds them